• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

December 01, 2021, 07:50:32 pm

News:

SMF - Just Found the News Section and How to Change This Headline!

2123 GM's Choice Awards

Started by JalkieWarriors, October 19, 2021, 11:38:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JalkieWarriors

October 19, 2021, 11:38:14 pm Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 10:03:01 am by BullsGM
Last season was a wild ride, some didn't see the Rockets come out of nowhere or predict the rise of the king of Wakanda. While others, I'm not sure exist, I'm looking at you Rick and Richard. We had the unfortunate departure of Dan of the Portland Trail Blazers, but maybe the new guy will be better (isn't gonna be that hard).

Without further ado, your awards.

We'll start with the obvious one, not the first on the ballot.
Rookie of the Year: King T'Challa, Rockets(technically 100% votes)
Many had harsh reactions when Bryant traded 7 picks to move up to draft T'Challa and Bryant wasted no time in proving everyone wrong. This guy is a STUD. Not much to be said. In a league lacking elite defensive bigs that don't foul. T'Challa will be an MVP candidate for years to come, barring any unfortunate leg issues or not practicing in the offseason. Fun story however, even though he was the only option on the ballot, three GMs skipped the option so technically, he is not unanimous due to 3 abstinations.

6th Man of the Year: Daniel Harris, Jazz (now Grizzlies)(85.7% votes)
Pom decided to blow it up after losing to me again in the playoffs, an embarrassment really. Who would lose to the Warriors? Anyways, Harris had one hell of a season in 2123-2124. In 82 games at 31 minute per game, Harris 17.9 points on 59.2% TS. The dude is the gosh darn paterfamilias. Now leading Memphis Harris looms in Winston Stitches's shadow in the attempt to bring Memphis back to the playoffs after a brief hibernation for the Grizzlies.

Most Improved: Marshall Edwards, Heat (now Rockets)(50% votes)
Though Edwards left the ever so coveted city of Miami for Houston this offseason, he made leaps and bounds in his game last season. Scoring 23.5 points in 82 games on 36.4 minutes per game on 56.9%(nice) TS. This was an increase of just under seven points per game. Now that Marshall is PAID, he joins the aforementioned King T'Challa and company to try to push for a ring.

Defensive Player of the Year: Michel Jones, Magic (now Nuggets)(53.3% votes)
Yet another award winning player who left their team to join another in this past offseason. Not much to be said about Michel that already hasn't been said. He's sticky. He's a monster. But what fucking kind of name is Michel?

All League Center: Kozja Macka, Hornets (73.3% votes)
Your reigning program MVP is the obvious choice for all league center. Macka is really good. That is all.

All league Forwards: Bobby Boucher, Warriors(86.7% votes) and Broderick Evans, Bulls(53.3% votes)
Brody leads the Bulls to yet another ring and we're all frankly sick of it. While Max is bathing in his rings, he still sheds a tear remembering when Fred broke his jaw. Brody is a monster and has been since entering the league. Whether it was by himself, next to Fred, or more recently with Kevin Anguiano. He has always been a great defender and scorer.

Once again, the obvious choice Bobby Boucher is elected to another all league appearance. Since the decline of Kamil SVATOS, many see Bobby as one of the best forwards, if not the best in the year. Bobby may have had a down year last season, but still lead his Warriors to their third conference finals appearance in a row where the lost to the will of the Nuggets.

All league Guards: Kevin Anguiano, Bulls(53.3% votes) and Richard Keck, Celtics(46.7% votes)
Gasper's newest star, Richard Keck gets voted into his all league guard appearance. After a long tank, Gasper is finally ready. With Keck at the helm, the ceiling is as far as Keck will take them. Keck dominated all season and rightfully earned this position. hehe dick keck

Anguiano has tormented the league since entering and with the Bulls he has only been better. Winning his second ring with the team and demanding MVP votes, Anguiano just laughs and drains threes in everyone's faces. Greg Thompson didn't stand a chance.

MVP: Kozja Macka, Hornets(40% votes)
Macka Macka Macka. What can't be said about this man? 30.1 points per game on 34.2 minutes on 57.7% efficiency scoring a total of 2,471 points. Leading Charlotte to an eighth seed upset over the 1 seeded Celtics. Macka seeks to only improve with Charlotte this coming season. Just an insane player.

GM of the Year: Bryant, Rockets(57% votes)
Bryant, you won the West. You made the moves that needed to be made. What a year it was until you lost in round 2.... Anyways, Bryant had one hell of a season with his trades to bring in King T'Challa, Hyman Bates, Robert Joyce, Alfonso Davis, Tyrell Jones, and Tre Jones. All of those were key to being the best in the West. Now that Rocketbear is out of hibernation, the West best watch out.

Coach of the Year: Evan, Nuggets(3 votes)
Evan, you have had your fair share of unlucky moments. However, you overcame the injury to Ronald Hernandez and made a freakin finals run. That's all that matters. What a coaching performance in the playoffs man. Very impressive to everyone in the league.

Most missed alumni: Oldrich Luba(26.7% votes)
Seems like everyone just is dying for a defensive big, but y'all really miss Ostrich Lube. I don't remember much about him if I am honest, but as a source of Evan's unlucky slant I guess I can see why.

Best Rename: "Whatshisname -> Kozja Macka"(33.3% votes)
Dude, Adam couldn't you remember who tf you renamed come on. Anyways this means GOAT Cat or something and he's from know it all univeristy I think? A very well thought out rename. I'm just happy that the Nichols didn't win.

2122 RBSL Champion
trees ;)

BullsGM

2096, 2098, 2099, 2100, 2118, 2121, 2123 RBSL CHAMPION
🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
I was only good because I had the GuOAT, that much is clear now
Past championships do not indicate future success