• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

January 23, 2021, 12:20:59 am

News:

SMF - Just Found the News Section and How to Change This Headline!

FBB4 Request list top 5.

Started by SixersGM, January 12, 2021, 03:09:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SixersGM

January 12, 2021, 03:09:22 pm Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 03:11:05 pm by BullsGM
FBB3 is a clear upgrade from FBB2; it introduced athleticism to the game, which quite simply changed the way we evaluate talent. Here is my list of things I think would be simple enhancements to FBB4

1. Wingspan and Standing Reach - We all approximate defense and other inferences from height, weight, speed, and jumping. But I think the introduction of wingspan and standing reach would be crucial in projecting a player's ability to protect the rim, contest shots and close off passing lanes. The top thing missing, I think.

2. Offensive IQ - This would tell us how well a player can adapt to different schemes. A player is projected to work at a certain pace or focus, but we don't have a metric for smart basketball players, which puts too much onus on athleticism.

3. Pick And Roll - Right now, we have a setting for motion, threes, and focus, but nothing for the most common action in the NBA, the pick and roll. It's simple, and I think would add value for low usage bigs and pass first guards.

4. Defensive IQ - Like #2, this would allow us to utilize more of the defensive schemes available. No one really uses zone, but if you knew you had many Draymond Green types, would you play zone more?

5. Coachability - How coachable is a guy? what do his family, friends, HS, and college coaches say about him? How does that project to the amount of trust and faith you can have in a long term project?

Add these things, and I think we have a more realistic game that is more fun to actually gameplan with.

BullsGM

2096, 2098, 2099 and 2100 RBSL CHAMPION
🏆🏆🏆🏆
I was only good because I had the GuOAT, that much is clear now
Past championships does not indicate future success