• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

February 27, 2021, 05:03:53 am

News:

SMF - Just Found the News Section and How to Change This Headline!

Adding growth to the game

Started by PistonsGM Johney, November 12, 2020, 01:53:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PistonsGM Johney

November 12, 2020, 01:53:14 pm Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 02:11:47 pm by PistonsGM Johney
So I got this idea, don't really know how, but I just can't stop thinking about it now. Wouldn't be fun if we added growth to the game? If some of those 6'9, 6'10 bigs suddenly got an inch or two they desperately need and become interesting center options. Or if undersized guards nobody wants had a chance to grow and not be a liability on defense anymore. I absolutely love perks like this in a game, so I decided to put together a proposal. Of course, the numbers, the system can always be adjusted, keep it mind this is just an example of how I would do it, to give you a better idea of what I have in mind.

PROPOSAL

Intro:
So how would it work? It would be just like a training camp. But with a nice twist, no -TCs! We would run a simulation, which you can check out in a link below, and randomly select x number of players to grow an inch. Of course, there would be a certain age limit when players stop growing and a limit on how much a player can grow during his career, to make sure things don't go out of hands. Because at the end of the day, this should be just a small perk to add some excitement to the game, make more players attractive and not change the game, players too much.

Rules:                  
-Eligibility: players 23 years old or younger
-Timing: right after TC
-Growths per season: 10*
-Growth: 1 inch
-Max player's growth (season): 1 inches
-Max player's growth (career): 2 inches
-Max height: 7'2

*12 in a simulation (last two can be used for new selections)

Exceptions:
- A new selection is made, if a player has already reached his maximum height
- A new selection is made, if a player has already reached his maximum growth (season and career)

Additions:
500 TBD buy-in, before simulation, if you want changes to be applied to your players

Simulation:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11a1v3YzEdt1WiNYpUWZyEmU24KabCJ6FqTQUMd-ULz4/edit?usp=sharing

Process:                                       
- Use players ratings report and copy it to ''players'' tab (to get a list of all players)                                       
- Make a selection using filters and copy it to ''selection'' tab (to get a list of players under 23)                                       
- Count the number of selected players and write it down in ''simulation'' tab (to give the program a range of players to chose from)(each players gets his own number)                                    
- Go to ''formulas'' and click ''calculate now'' / or just refresh the page if you are viewing in google spreadsheets (the program will randomly select 12 players / numbers from selection list and show you the results)                                       

Comment bellow! ▼▼